Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Projects In The Works



This morning when I awoke, I just felt like going into hibernation when my husband announced that it was -27 degrees with the wind chill. I took the picture above yesterday afternoon, and as you can see we have had a lot of snowfall and this morning there was even more snow on the ground. With days like these I try to think of it as a rain day, like the ones I had as a child growing up in Trinidad and Tobago. I would use such a day to explore and create all the crafty things that came to mind, it was a perfect day to spend creating when going outside simply was not an option.

Today I decided to have my own snow day and I have been working on several projects. I wanted to share a few of my projects with you.


Chunky Crochet Cowl


This is a follow-up piece to the post Crochet In The Round. I lost the original cowl on a trip (I really loved it) and I did not make note of the pattern I created. I have been working at making another cowl and writing the pattern. I am working off of the pictures I originally took, and luckily for me I took tons of pictures and I have a complete file of the original project. I love the colour combination of the original, but I decided to try something new.


Pillow



I found the tutorial for this pillow some time ago, and I posted it on my Pinterest Sewing Board. However, when one of my young sewing students brought it to the studio and wanted to make it as one of her projects, I decided to try it as well. I started working on it over the holidays, but have been so busy that I have not finished. I am adding embroidery details and I am creating somewhat of an embroidery sampler. I really love the little French knots shown in the picture above, and I will be sure to post the details when I am finished.


Embroidery Patterns


I have a few new embroidery patterns that I am creating. I recently got some new embroidery hoops and I am awaiting an order of Sulky iron-on transfer pens for the studio. I am hoping to have my new embroidery patterns available on the online shop when they are ready. I am also introducing an Embroidery Workshop this spring, which I am very excited about. If you will like a fun embroidery project, check out the "Create" embroidery pattern.


First Sewing Project


Do you have your first sewing project? Well, I wanted to share one of my first machine sewing projects with you. I was about eleven years old when I made this pillowcase and I fell in-love with sewing and embroidery work. I also remember making a potholder that looked like a watermelon slice. I will be doing a new version of this project some time soon.

Thanks for joining me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...