Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Crafty Idea: Decorative Picture Mat



There are lots of wonderful ways that you can decorate a picture frame and matting. I wanted to try doing something playful and I really like the "Virserum" picture frames from Ikea, it is the perfect choice for this project.


I found a great vintage print in my collection of images and printed it on plain card stock. I did not want to take away from the print, but I wanted to try something colourful. I used my collection of "Sharpie" and "Tombow Dual Brush Pens" and doodled a floral pattern around the matting. I used several coloured pens, but I think it will also look great with just black and white.

What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...