Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pattern Storage Boxes

Getting organized and staying organized seems to be an ongoing process. I was finally able to find resealable bags for my patterns and I am hoping they will arrive by early next week. Finding the right size seemed to be a challenge, so I am hoping they work. The plan is to include a note card with each pattern to document any changes I may have to make or other sewing details.

The other task was finding a simple but "pretty" solution for storing the patterns that I use during my sewing classes. I originally had the lofty ambition of making fabric baskets for them, but soon abandoned the idea when I realized I just do not have the time right now.


I have a draw in the basement half of my work space, where I store the bulk of my supplies and patterns. However, in the sewing studio I wanted easy access to the patterns that I use on a daily basis for my classes and sewing kits.


I found these two beautiful "Raymond Waites" storage boxes at Michaels and I am wondering if I should not be getting a couple more. They are bright and cheerful and the perfect colour combination for my sewing room. They hold quite a bit of patterns in an upright position, which makes it easy to flip through the patterns. They also fit perfectly in my "Billy" Ikea bookcase.



Classes and workshops restart next week and I feel like there is still so much to do before I welcome my students. I figure little by little each day and I should be ready.


3 comments:

  1. Hello,
    It's very beautiful! I have a question, so where are you found the book separators with labels (kids, crafts, crochet,...)???
    Thank you!
    Sylvie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sylvie! The book ends were from Ikea, but unfortunately I do not think that they still sell the same ones.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the information!
      Have a good week-end!
      Sylvie

      Delete

Thanks for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...