Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Book Review: The Perfect Pajama


The Perfect Pajama by Kristina Nilsson and Jennifer Pirtle

I had seen this book some time ago, and I decided to add it to our Crafted Spaces reference library. Last year we introduced a new workshop called "Pyjama Party" to our program and I feel that this book is a great resource for students. It is easy for a beginner to follow, yet has a range of projects to inspire a more experienced sewer.

The book has twenty-one wonderfully creative ideas for pyjamas that you can make for him, her or little ones. Each design is presented with clear instructions, full colour illustrations and great photographs to assist you with each step. There is something for everyone in this book, including fun ways to add creative touches to kids pieces, as well as a few other projects that you can try.

my recent pyjama shorts project
Sewing pyjamas can be lots of fun and there are tons of great details you can add to your project. A week ago I made myself these sheep flannel pyjama shorts (Butterick - B5153) and I added a simple machine embroidery stitch along the side seams. I already have my next pyjama project planned and I am looking forward to adding some eyelet details as shown in the "Blue Lagoon" project featured in the book.


I also think that many of the designs in this book can be combined to create beautiful unique pieces. The "Cherry Checks" project shown below is also a great example of a project that can work well for both kids and adults.


As an added bonus, the book also comes with full-size patterns and templates for each project. This also makes it a great buy. ISBN 978-1-906525-96-5

*As with all of our book reviews, this review was not solicited or endorsed in any way. The opinions expressed are my own and is presented in the spirit of sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...