I am Yvette-Michelle and I spend my days sewing, crafting, designing, blogging and taking care of my two sons ages 13 and 6. I started this blog as a way to share creative projects, provide resources for my students, and to inspire others to explore their creativity.
I love all things crafty. Through this blog I have had a chance to share crafty finds and promote the work of other creative individuals. I also share my passion for sewing, crocheting, crafts and home decorating. I will admit to having a fabric addiction and I am slowly forming an addiction to yarn as well.
My husband Don and I moved from the busy lifestyle of Toronto to his childhood home, in a quite little place called Shanty Bay, just off Lake Simcoe in central Ontario. We moved into our home in 2010. The house was designed and custom built by my father-in-law, and is the home that my husband grew-up in. It is a wonderful family home with lots of childhood memories for my husband, and I feel fortunate to be able to raise our boys in the same home that my husband grew-up in.
With a little bit of know-how and lots of crafty spirit, we have been making upgrades and doing mini makeovers. Little by little we are creating the home we want and living a creative life. Our home is a reflection of our personalities, with touches of family history. It is a place where we create and spend quality time with our little family.
In 2010, after my youngest son Miles was born, I decided to work from home and forgo the daily commute to Toronto. It took me a little time to figure out what I wanted to do and in 2011 I started Crafted Spaces. I have had lots of fun as well as moments of frustration giving life and form to my creative business. I teach sewing classes and creative design workshops. I also offer website design and creative business development services.
I hope that you will stay a while and check out some of my post. I also hope that you will be inspired to create and that you will share with me some of what you do as well.
Here are a few of my favourite projects:
DIY Spring Wreath
Sharpie Embellished Dish DIY
DIY Daffodil Bouquet
At Home: Laundry Room Makeover
12-Week Home Organization Challenge
Sew-Along Burda T-Shirt
- I am Canadian, but was born and raised in Trinidad and Tobago (the last in the chain of Caribbean islands).
- I am an only child and I grew up spending most of my spear time crafting, sewing and drawing.
- I learned to machine sew when I was eleven and I have loved it ever since.
- I am not a morning person and create late at night or wee hours in the morning.
- I love fabric and ornate ribbons are a close second.
- The biggest clutter in my house is fabric, too much of it and not enough space to store it.
- I love floral prints and I am not a big fan of animal prints.
- I do a major part of my housekeeping at night generally when everyone goes to bed (and I like it that way). I find that I get a lot done and I have no interruptions.
- I generally prep everything at night and my husband gets our sons off to school in the morning.
- I do sleep, just not a full eight hours (with the exception of weekends).
- My weakness is milk chocolate in any form, but especially with almonds.
- I am inspired by nature, and I love gardening.
- I enjoy taking long walks with my family and taking pictures of nature and my boys.
- My strength comes from my amazing family and how blessed I feel to be sharing my life with them.
Thank you for stopping by!
Crafted Spaces on Pinterest
Crafted Spaces on Facebook
Crafted Spaces on Instagram
Crafted Spaces on Twitter
Crafted Spaces Radio