Wednesday, December 4, 2013

DIY Poinsettia Christmas Wreath


I have had the same Christmas wreath for a few years now and I really wanted to make a change. The wreath I had was artificial greenery with pinecones, which over the years I would freshen-up with new ribbon and other embellishments. However, this year I wanted something different with more colour. I decided to make a poinsettia Christmas wreath that will be the focal point for my front door Christmas decorations.

I reused the grapevine wreath from my spring wreath and I combined two types of poinsettias along with some gold glittered poinsettias. I removed my spring flowers, cleaned up the grapevine and attached the poinsettias with hot glue. I started hot gluing the poinsettias from top centre and continued anti-clockwise. I alternated between the two types of poinsettias and added a bit of shimmer with two medium gold glittered poinsettias. Having the different textures in the poinsettias creates more dept and contrast and prevents them from merging into the same shade of red. The two gold glittered poinsettias were glued close together to match the volume of the larger blooms. I finished off the wreath by adding a few of the poinsettia leaves; which I think adds more interest.


5 Large satin poinsettias
5 Large velvet poinsettias
2 Medium gold glitter poinsettias
Poinsettia greenery
Grapevine wreath
Hot glue
Hot glue gun

I hope that this project will inspire you to make your own Christmas wreath. I have several other projects I am working on for Christmas that I hope to share with you before the holidays.

Wising you all the best with your holiday planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...