Monday, October 15, 2012

At Home: Laundry Room Makeover

This past summer my husband and I decided to tackle several projects around our home. The laundry room was at the top of the list for several reasons; including the fact that we needed more storage space and the old plastic sink just had to go. This was a project we had started before, and did not get as far along with it as we had hoped. We had updated the appliances and reduced some clutter, which was just the tip of the ice burg. However, this time, I'm happy with the results and even though we can do with a few minor "homey" touches and a countertop over the machines, I'm happy with the results.




One of the things that was really important was having a sink that could handle my tie-dye projects and to have more storage to keep things neat and tidy. Another consideration was having a rack to hang a few items. We also wanted to brighten up the room and create a breezier feel.







We were really happy to get this wonderful sink. It is deep enough to handle my projects and the stainless steel is a major bonus. The unit includes the facet, sink and cabinetry.







Transformation

The room had two open shelves, which really did not work very well. We wanted everything to be contained and to maximize the space.



1. Removed the shelves and old sink.



2. Repaired the walls and followed by wiping, priming and painting.






3. Installation of the new sink and wall cabinets.





Finished Laundry Room!

This project features the following Crafty Idea project: Clothes Hook.

13 comments:

  1. I love this makeover! Where did you get the curtains?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Danielle! The curtains were a Thrift Shop find that still had the "Pier 1 Imports" hangtag attached to it. I love the colours, and the one panel is very wide. I only wish I had found 2 panels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Where did you get your sink? Ive been looking for one just like it!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sam! We found the sink at Home Depot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great makeover! The changes you have done makes the place feels, yes! I can wash here everyday! The colours are wonderful. It's also wonderful that you and your husband have made it a joint project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you please tell me your new wall color?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tasha thanks for the visit. The colour is called "Falling Rain - 30BG 56/097" I hope that the numbers on the end will be of some help. It is a C.I.L. paint colour from their "Soft and Elegant" collection. The colour looks more muted when you look at the paint chip, so I suggest trying a sample.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your laundry room! Was wondering if you could tell me the dimensions of the sink and the manufacturer? I was checking at Home Depot and can't find it, but it's just what I wanted in my laundry room. Was the sink sold as a package - sink, cabinet, etc. all in one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi CKS, I am not sure if you were able to find the sink. However, today I saw it on Home Depot's website. It is priced slightly higher now, but I believe that it is the same unit. Here is the weblink: http://www.homedepot.ca/product/utility-laundry-sink-with-cabinet/990052

      Delete
  9. Hi CKS, I'm sorry I do not know the name of the manufacturer. It would have been a good thing to note at the time (I did not think of doing so). I will have to remember that for the next time. Perhaps you can show the store a picture of my sink and they can give you a better idea. It was sold as a package with the sink, cabinet and tap. It was just by chance that my husband and I found it. They said that it was a small "one of" shipment. Sorry I cannot be of more help.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I was wondering where you purchase your wall cabinets from? I would like to update my laundry room as well. I didn't want to spend too much money on the wall cabinets. Please let me know, thanks! Wai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wai, The cabinets are "stock" cabinets and were very affordable. My husband and I only purchased two units originally and was able to return later for the third one. They were purchased from Lowes. I looked on their website and I think I have found the same product, it looks the same and has the same dimensions. Here is a short link http://bit.ly/17oCrVu. I hope this helps!

      Delete
  11. I have received a lot of messages about the sink, so I wanted to let everyone know that when I last checked, this sink was no longer available on their website. However, I have still seen the same model at some stores and there is a similar design on the website.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...