Thursday, March 7, 2013

I Love Granny Squares

I have fallen in love with granny squares and have decided to design my own pattern. I have never done a granny square before, so I have been going through loads of patterns and tutorials. I will like to make a large throw for my bed, but I still have to decide on the final colours.

I have the finished pattern in my mind, and I have found a few patterns that are very close but are just not right. It would be easier to follow an available pattern, but I think I will try a little longer to see what I can come up with.


The pattern I have designed needs some more work and I think it still looks too generic, I will like to add a few more elements to make it a bit more interesting.





The colours I have used for my sample has a very earthy tone (which I like), however I am thinking of using soft spring colours in a monochromatic colour scheme.

What do you think about granny squares?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...