Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Crafty Home: Silk Screened Cushion Cover

I took a silk screening workshop several months ago. It was something that I had wanted to do for a really long time and I am looking forward to turning several of my designs into screens. I will like to write a blog post on the experience, but have not gotten around to doing so just yet. However, I decided to take my creation and turn it into a cushion cover. The design is actually my husband's recording company logo. I printed it on green cotton velvet with black ink.



I made an envelope style cushion cover and backed the green velvet with matching colour corduroy. The image is a bit off set, mainly because I did not really plan on making a pillow when I did the print, but I think it still works. It makes a really great pillow for the sitting/library area outside my husband's studio, and is a crafty home project that I hope will inspire you to create.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...