I love making holiday decorations and I am very excited this year to get started with some fun projects. This jute ornament can take a little time to make, but it is very fun and super cute for holiday decorating. You can make a loop for hanging or you can simply cover the styrofoam ball in jute and put on display. You can make them all the same size or you can vary the size of the styrofoam balls.
Styrofoam Ball (desired size)
Hot Glue Sticks
Hot Glue Gun
1. Turn in the end of your twine and glue onto the styrofoam ball with a small dot of glue.
2. Place a small bead of glue on the styrofoam ball close to the twine and wrap twine around the first piece of twine.
3. Continue the process of gluing and wrapping in small sections at a time until you cover the surface of the styrofoam ball and you are left with a small opening on the opposite end.
4. Cut the remaining twine to your desired length to make a loop for your ornament to hang from, or cut close to the base and leave just enough twine to fill the final space on the styrofoam ball.
5. Place a dot of hot glue in the middle of the small opening and press the end of the twine into the space.
Now your ornament is ready to use. Have fun!