Wrapping gifts for the holidays is one of my favourite things to do. I love making them look special and they look wonderful under the Christmas tree. If you will like to make your holiday gifts a little more special this year, why not add a little embellishment to your gift wrapping. Dress things up with bits of nature, beautiful ribbons, beads and perhaps even a little bling or glitter. I hope this little tutorial will give you some ideas on how you can wrap your holiday gifts.
2 Paper Doilies (size based on box)
Small Pine Cone (optional)
Jute or Baker’s Twine
Hot Glue Sticks
Hot Glue Gun
1. Centre the doilies on top of the gift box and secure with a small bead of hot glue. Then wrap the ends of the doilies around the top edge of the gift box. Secure the ends of the doilies with small beads of hot glue on all sides (you can also use double sided tape).
2. Wrap the narrow ribbon around the gift box and tie at the top centre.
3. Make a ribbon loop with the wide ribbon, then tie the ribbon loop to the centre of the gift box using the ends of the narrow ribbon. Cut the ends of the ribbons to the same length at an angle.
4. Hot glue the pine cone onto the gift box next to the bow.
5. Attach twine to the gift tag and tie the twine under the bow.
Happy gift wrapping.
Tips! Depending on how thick your doilies are you should use two doilies stacked on each other. The beautiful gift tag used for this project is from Gotamago at www.gotamago.com.