Saturday, October 5, 2013

Making a Hand Embroidery Appliqué - Part 2


I hope that everyone is having a wonderful weekend. This weekend I have been catching up on a few projects, including my hand embroidered appliqués, that I mentioned several weeks ago. My plan is to make an apron; but as I mentioned before, I needed to do something to repair a hole in the fabric and I think that an appliqué was the perfect solution. Placing one flower seemed a bit skimpy, so I decide to add three flowers. My original plan was to do three different sizes, but I think in the end there is not a huge difference in the size.


I used a combination of chain stitch, running stitch and French knots. I really like the way it turned out and I think that the combination of stitches works really well for the pattern. I also changed the colours slightly, to give each flower a different look. I used two stands of embroidery floss, doubled the thread and knotted the ends together.



My appliqués have been sewn onto my fabric and I am excited to finish my apron. I will be sure to share with you the finished apron.

What do you think of the finished appliqués?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...