Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Crochet Washcloths and Dishcloths


This week I made crochet washcloths for my husband and the boys. I used Bernat Handicrafter 100% Cotton yarn ( off white, white and pale yellow) and made them 8 x 8 inches and 10 x 10 inches square. I did not use a pattern, and most of it was done using single crochet. However, I took the opportunity to improve my tension and to practice the stitch variation that I shared earlier this year in my chunky cowl project.

Crochet washcloths and dishcloths are fun and simple to make. They make a great beginner crochet project. You can try a combination of stitches or practice one particular stitch. They are perfect gifts on their own or can be included with other items to create a gift set.

Here is a list of tutorials for making your own:

Single Crochet Mesh Dishcloth or Washcloth
LuLu B Washcloth Patterns
Spa Washcloth Crochet Pattern
Chunky Stitch Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
Three Color Simple Stitch Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
Gingham Dishcloth
Tunisian Crochet Washcloths


You can also find some great ideas on our Pinterest board:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...