Thursday, April 3, 2014

Thrift Store Find: Vintage Afghans

Knitted and crochet afghans are a favourite of mine and I just could not pass on the opportunity to purchase these two gems. I will love to make one like these, but until then I will just swoon over my new finds.



The first afghan was way too beautiful to resist. It features a stunning cross-stitched floral pattern that I absolutely fell in love with on first sight. Strangely enough it is a perfect compliment to another afghan in my collection (gifted by my husband's great-aunt), that also has cross-stitched flowers.


The second afghan is this ivory knitted gem that appears unused. Even without the cross-stitched details of the first, this piece has a beautiful textured pattern.

I am currently working on putting together a collection of vintage afghans for Crafted Spaces Weddings so I am super excited to search for more pieces.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...