Today on our Crafted Spaces Radio we presented this DIY project, as part of our segment on the use of paper as a creative medium. The project uses a beautiful Japanese tissue paper (larger jar), purchases from The Paper Place, Toronto and a small sample piece of scrapbook paper (smaller jar). The tissue paper is quite light and therefore some care is needed when gluing to the jar.
Listen to the show and follow along as you work on your project:
Japanese Tissue Paper or Other Decorative Paper
Glue (Mod Podge)
Twine or Ribbon (optional)
Hot Glue Gun and Glue Stick (to attach cord or ribbon)
1) Clean jar(s) to remove any grease or other residue
2) Measure the circumference and height of the jar(s)
3) Cut your paper to the desired size
4) Using brush, apply glue to your jar and place one end of paper in place
5) Continue applying glue to the surface of your jar and move around the jar removing air bubbles with your fingers
6) Apply glue to the top and base of your jar gently pressing with your fingers
7) Cut off excess paper on the ends as needed
8) Let your project dry (based on instructions on your glue)
9) You can further embellish with twine or ribbon or as desired
Enjoy your new container!
I hope that you have enjoyed this project and invite you to share your projects with us on Facebook > Click Here!