Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Creative Pin Cushions

The following Tea Cup Silk Pin Cushion, was inspired by this gorgeous Queen Anne antique bone china tea cup that I found at a thrift shop. It was love at first sight when I saw this little tea cup and I just had to find a creative way of incorporating it into my studio. I love finding creative ways of reusing or refurbishing used items, and after a few days of holding small odds and ends I decided to turn it into the base of this decadent pin cushion.


I also wanted to share these two wrist pin cushions, created by students at Verona Collections August 2010 - Summer Sewing Camp - Toronto. These pin cushions were created from eco-fi 100% Polyester Felt, produced from recycled plastic bottles. They were further stuffed with EcoFill a "Luxury Fibre Fill" produced from recycled polyester fibres.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...